Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fun with Dr. Seuss

This week, we have been having lots of fun with Dr. Seuss!  We started our week with Horton Hears a Who.  We colored, cut, and attached elephant ears to a sentence strip to make a headband.  Click HERE for the free printable.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our finished products.

We made patterns with Dr. Seuss:




It was a complete accident that this activity turned out so stinkin' cute!!  I originally intended to print the "______ can make patterns with Dr. Seuss" on white paper and then back it on red paper (that's what I have done in the past), BUT orange paper happened to be in the copier.  I didn't want to waste paper, so I stuck with the orange and added the picture of the Lorax instead of Cat in the Hat.  With the movie coming out on Friday, you'd think I would have planned this!

I was feeling creative, so I switched it up for the threes and love how cute it turned out this way too!  This patterning idea came from Jessica Meacham.



We read The Cat in the Hat and then made a Cat in the Hat headband:


We also read The Cat in the Hat Comes Back.  Although this story didn't have Thing 1 and Thing 2 in it, we made Deanna Jump's Thing 1.  Aren't they cute!?



I forgot to tell my threes (whose Thing 1s you see above) to tuck the blue hair behind the shirt.  I'll get this right tomorrow with my fours who will also be doing this adorable craft!

We also completed some worksheet pages...

Here, we designed a new hat for Cat.  Unfortunately, this was the only picture I got...(This printable is from abcteach.com)



And...students practiced following directions to complete this activity, from Mailbox:


And last... here's my favorite furry friend in his St. Patrick's Day bandana!

No comments:

Post a Comment