Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you enjoyed your holiday break! Today was back to school for me, and here's what we did...

For our read-aloud, I read Squirrel's New Year's Resolution.


For our follow-up craft, which didn't have anything to do with squirrels....we made this darling craft:


Here's a close-up (above and below done by my 3s):


I found this idea from the wonderful Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade.

I wanted to use scrapbook paper like Cara did, but unfortunately I couldn't find any confetti or New Year's pages, so I opted for construction paper and let the kids decorate them.  I also wanted to use the glitter poms and thought I had some in my supply closet, but it turns out I only had boring old regular ones, so that's what we had to use...  (below are Cara's...aren't they great!!)

newyear1 newyear5

*Also, be sure to check out Brooke Perry's post!  I love her idea to graph what time her students went to bed on New Year's Eve (regular time, a little later than usual, a little after midnight, or late night owl).  Love it!


Here was our morning work...just some plain and simple coloring for our first day back!

page 1

page 2

Finally, here's our center work activities, both of which came from Mailbox:

beginning sounds practice

counting backwards practice

Happy New Year again!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment